As part of our research with mobile apps and location-based services, we have produced a number of different technologies that add intelligence to the mobile app to reduce the impact of real-time location-based services on the device and cellular network.
Our Location-Aware Information Systems Client (LAISYC) and related modules encompass most of the technology we’ve developed:
- Location-Aware Information Systems Client (LAISYC) – modular positioning systems and communications framework used for mobile apps and location-based services
- GPS Auto-Sleep – supports high-resolution tracking while conserving battery energy and wireless data transfer
- Critical Point Algorithm – Saves battery energy and reduces the amount of location data transfer between device and server by pre-filtering GPS data on a mobile device.
- Location Data Signing – provides authentication for location data collected by mobile apps.
- Adaptive Location Data Buffering – increases the probability that location data sent via UDP will successfully arrive at a server.
- Location Data Encryption – secures location data sent via UDP.
- Path Prediction – provides intelligent location-based services based on where the user has been in the past and their real-time predicted location
- Fast GNSS Data Clustering – automatically identifies points-of-interest and discrete trips from raw GNSS data.